INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT ROLE (Ref 354) PERMANENT
Based in North East or anywhere in the UK with travel to North East monthly.
Up to £40k
Our client is an exciting new start-up based in County Durham. Launched in March 2020 with the aim of helping organisations tell their digital transformation story, the company is going from strength to strength and is looking to hire an experienced Internal Communications Consultant.
You’ll be working with clients in the education and government sectors initially, providing tailored internal communications advice to help engage employees in major strategic IT change programmes and digital transformation initiatives.
You’ll be a confident and creative communications expert who has bags of in-house or agency experience, and is ready to apply it in a consultancy role. You’ll be willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved in everything from developing plans to creating memorable communications that demonstrate measurable results.
Alongside the MD, you will design client strategy and take your ideas through to delivery. You will create focus groups and workshops, and deliver online and face to face.
Ideally you’ll be experienced in using the very latest internal communications tools and techniques, specifically online tactics for successfully engaging employees. You will have experience of clients undergoing business transformation or significant change, so if you’ve worked in this environment before, that’ll be a big plus.
If you’re looking for an empathetic company where you can use your vast experience and maintain a flexible work-life balance, then this could be the fit you’re looking for.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years’ internal communications experience in complex organisations, supporting senior management
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with real attention to detail
- Experience in developing and delivering internal communications strategies, plans and collateral, and willingness to turn your hand to all of this
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels
- Expertise in working with design, video and other creative partners to bring together a campaign
- Extensive knowledge of Internal Communications channels, tools and techniques, specifically digital tools including social media and Enterprise Social Media (ESM) and how they can be used to improve engagement and advocacy.
What are we offering?
- 5 days per week or compressed hours to 4 days. We’re flexible with when and how you work (35 hour week).
- Standard holiday entitlement, plus your birthday and Christmas shut down
- Permanent home-based working with your own Microsoft Surface Pro.
PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR CURRENT SALARY AND NOTICE PERIOD DETAILS ON APPLICATION