NEWCASTLE (Ref 388) Permanent
£32,300 – £39k
We are delighted to be working with our client, a large public sector organisation with head office in Newcastle and sites across the UK, and is a fantastic opportunity to join the organisation.
Key areas of responsibility
- You will be solution focused, pro-active and take an evidence based approach, providing advice on aspects including recruitment, discipline, grievance, change management and TUPE.
- You will work with areas of the business and host organisations, building key relationships to support and coach leaders to ensure consistent delivery of HR practices.
- Lead on people projects/work streams for across the business with support from the HR Manager and HR leadership team, working in collaboration with the Senior HR Business Partners on driving forward key people initiatives including talent management, performance management and engagement.
- Provide an excellent and proactive HR advisory service to managers involving coaching and supporting managers to be confident in HR practice by offering effective HR advice and enabling them to manage employee relation issues.
- Advise on the practical application of HR policies and procedures, including recruitment and selection, discipline, grievance and absence management.
- Work collaboratively with Senior HR Business Partners, advise on highly complex employment matters which can include TUPE, disciplinary, grievance, performance management, sickness absence and organisational change.
- Research, develop and update new and existing HR policies and procedures in line with best practice and relevant employment legislation, ensuring fit for business purposes.
- Work with the Senior HR Business Partners, develop leader knowledge and capability through coaching and influencing to enable continual business improvement through key initiatives. Such initiatives include performance, talent management and succession planning, engagement and workforce planning.
- Significant relevant experience in a full generalist HR role, working in a customer focused environment.
- CIPD qualified
- Experience of advising on HR policies and procedures, employment law and best practice.
- Experience of providing business focused HR solutions.
PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR CURRENT SALARY AND NOTICE PERIOD DETAILS ON APPLICATION