UK Learning & Organisational Development Manager, Permanent Teesside south
Circa £50k + benefits (Ref 394)
We are delighted to be working with our client, an industrial business with a global presence. Reporting to the Head of HR you will support sites in the UK. This is a brilliant opportunity to provide a first class L&D and OD offering to everyone in the business, which will also support engagement and critical health and safety standards and will include:
- Lead and develop the UK L&ODTeam
- Identify innovative and new learning and development methodologies to enhance current training and development principles and offerings
- Identify and utilise new technologies to make learning more accessible
- Ensure that Learning and Development / Training activities are aligned with business needs and policies / procedures and aligned to the National Occupational Standards
- Support key stakeholders across the UK to enable them to meet their strategic objectives
- Attend regular meetings with internal stakeholders including SHEQ and European L&OD team
- Align with external vendors to bring the best in practice Training and L&OD opportunities to ensure our people are trained to the highest standards
- Ensure the competency management system (CMS) is maintained and the continued development of organisational skills matrix is maintained
- Ensure the CMS is integrated within Learning Management Systems (LMS) curricula’s
- Continually analyse and review learning needs and ensure these are met based on priority, resource and that they are aligned to the needs of all major hazards
- Work with European L&OD Team to implement European and Global L&OD strategy in UK
- Oversee the design and quality assurance of competence based in-house training schemes.
Key Skills required
- Learning and Organisational Development and Training and competence strategy and design
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Ability to translate strategy to implement clear objectives and activities
- Ensuring that ‘Safety Briefs’ company updates are delivered to all persons in their area of responsibility and gather and address any relevant feedback in a timely manner
- Build a structured Management Development Programme aligned to Europe and Global strategy
- Take a pro-active approach to Health and Safety
- Ensure the safety, health and welfare of all persons within their area of responsibility.
- Ensuring the ongoing compliance with, and continual improvement of relevant IOS standards
- Conduct an annual training need analysis across to the UK in preparation for annual learning and development strategy
- Define short, medium- and long-term learning and development plans for the UK
- Plan and prioritise L&OD UK team workload
- Team management – Leading the UK L&OD team in line with Company policy and procedures Support the training team and their development. Coach the L&OD team.
- Leading the UK L&OD strategy and objectives with all relevant stakeholders, including aligning with European L&OD team
- Ensuring that the L&OD / Training team always have the skills, knowledge and behaviour to perform their job role to the required standards.
- Establish annual L&D budget.
- Manage annual L&D budget
- Achieve effective cost control where applicable
- Gain access to external training funding
- Negotiate and ensure cost effective training
- Evaluate L&D activities
- Experience in a Managerial Capacity in a heavy industrial organisation such as processing,manufacturing or engineering.
- Experience in leading, creating and implementing a strong blended learning strategy in an industrial organisation, in multiple locations
- Experience of working with different assessment tools and methodologies to support team, leadership and organisational development
- Experience in working with LMS (Learning Management System)
- A sound knowledge of competency management systems
- Knowledge of the UK qualifications framework
- Experience of working with UK awarding bodies
- Degree qualified in an L&OD or Training related discipline
- CIPD Certificate in Training Practice or equivalent
- NEBOSH General Certificate